Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Friday 17 October 2008

My first cards

I've started making cards recently and decided to post some of my first cards made for my family.

Cupcake card
Cupcake card

This was my second attempt at a card and I made it for my sister-in-law. The design and materials came from the Jan 08 issue of You Can Craft! magazine, great for getting started in card making as it supplies all the materials you need to make the cards in the magazine.

Birthday Wishes card
Oriental Birthday Wishes

I made this using the free stamp in the October issue of Craft Stamper - my favourite magazine out of the 5 or so that I've read so far. I haven't sent this card to anyone yet - it's in my stock of spare cards for emergencies (I'm terrible at remembering people's Birthdays!)

Thinking of You Card
Thinking of You

I made this for my Nan who is having an operation at the end of the month - I wanted her to know I was thinking of her. This was the first card that I designed myself and I also made my own butterfly embellishments using blending chalks and sparkly paint from Hobbycraft, which I then punched out using a butterfly stamp. I love the Woman in Repose stamp - I got it on eBay and nearly missed out in the bidding war!!!

Birthday Boy Card
Birthday Boy

I made this for my nephew Thomas using a design and materials from the Jan 08 issue of You Can Craft! magazine. I didn't have any blue card so I edged my white card stock with Blue Encore! Ultimate Metallic ink, another eBay bargain.

No comments: