Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Friday 17 October 2008

New Cards

I've made some more cards and I'm really pleased with how these two turned out.

Little Birdie
Little Birdie

I made this for my friend's 21st Birthday and have to admit that I pinched the design from a favourite blogger of mine called Kath on the Fiskarettes blog site as I love it so much. I didn't have the same materials so I used a free backing paper I downlaoded, and made the flower myself from petal shapes I cut from paper, and I stamped gold flowers on white card for the paper trim. I cut the scolloped edges by hand as I don't have the Fiskars cloud scissors that Kath used (I've bid for them on eBay though and hope to get them soon!).

I made another version for my Nan's birthday but instead of 'a little birdie told me...' I wrote 'Happy Bird-day' on it instead. Hope you don't mind Kath!

King of Sleep
King of Sleep

This is my first go a designing a scrapbook layout style card. I made it for my sister's fiance for his Birthday. I used a photo of him having a sneaky snooze (his fave past time) and used denim backing paper and decoupage elements (moon, hat) downloaded from free digital craft sites, printed a poem about sleep onto white card using a nice calligraphic font, and double embossed a crown in gold using a free stamp received in the Nov issue of Craft Stamper.

I distressed all the edges and the sleep poem paper using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Walnut Stain (more eBay bargains) using a makeup sponge and cut a 'K' out of patterned paper. I wrote the rest of the bits n bobs on the card myself.

I'm very pleased with this one as being new to crafting I'm still struggling with ideas and inspiration, but I don't want to copy other people's ideas, and this layout came to me as I was messing around with various elements I had in my kit.

No comments: