Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Tuesday 6 January 2009

UKS Dec wk2 Challenge

New Start

This is my entry for the UKS Weekly Challenge for week 2 Dec-08. It's about my new home in New Zealand where I am now living.


New Start

The top photo is my new house, the middle one is the street next to ours taken last May (Autumn) and the bottom one is the view from my friend's hot tub!! The mountains can also be seen at the bottom of my street and all round the city - they are breathtaking - more photos of those will surely follow!


New Start - journalling

The journalling reads: "This is my new home in Christchurch, New Zealand. It belonged to my father-in-law and I will be joining my hubby there on New Year’s Eve. It’s such a wonderful place and I can’t wait for us to start our new life there!"

I made the white flowers from layers of hand-cut tissue paper, edged in grey chalk ink, and coloured silver brads using white embossing powder and the same grey ink. I defined the skeleton leaves using Brick Red Distress Ink and the punched flowers are highlighted using Walnut Distress Ink applied with a latex sponge and Turquoise Stickles. The title is printed using Mia's Scribblings font and the journalling is Love Ya Like a Sister, both available from dafont.com.

TFL xx

No comments: