Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Sunday 11 January 2009

UKS Jan wk1 Challenge

This is my entry for the UKS Weekly Challenge for week 1 Jan-09. It's of me and my hubby in our new garden in New Zealand on a very sunny summer day.


12 {Thousand Miles}

The journalling reads: "This is me & my husband Rob celebrating the start of our new life together in New Zealand. Rob moved there 2 months before me and being 12,000 miles apart for so long was tough! We're so happy to be reunited & still celebrate a little every day!"

I made the title from a free font called Mia's Scribblings and glossed the number and brackets using Anita's 3-D Gloss Finish (similar to Ranger's Glossy Accents). The floral paper is Imaginisce - Loves Me - Love is in the Air and I made the journalling strip and distressed brown paper myself using white A4, my printer and some inks. I bought the flowers from The Stamping Ground in Christchurch and the buttons are from a Kiwi general crafts shop.

Thanks for looking!

Tan xxx

2 comments:

chloe said...

awww thats lovely...fabby page!
those papers are gorgeous :)

and lucky you in new zealand...i bet the weathers a lot better over there than in cold, wet england lol

chloe
x

Catherine said...

Love this layout. I have this paper! Will have to go and find it now.