Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Tuesday 11 November 2008

The big clearout

So I've started the big clearout in preparation for emigrating to New Zealand ~ my spare room is already full to bursting with stuff I've emptied out of various cupboards and haven't gotten rid of yet and the house is starting to look like a tip! It's also really hard getting rid of things when I'm still living in the house as I'll be using a lot of stuff for a few weeks yet, so I'm finding it really tough, especially with the mess that I'm making ~ I'm trying to keep it all in the spare room but there's only so much that I can fit in there!

I'm thinking of hiring a hall or function room in the village in order to have a big jumble sale ~ that seems the best idea for selling most of my miscellaneous household items and old clothes as putting it all on eBay would take months and most stuff will have to be collected due to postage costs, so hopefully I'll be able to do this instead then eBay or dontate anything left over. I really need to make some money to live on over the next few weeks as my £60 incapacity benefit doesn't even cover the basics so hope people will buy my stuff!

Now I just have to put my strict head on to force myself to part with my beloved belongings!

Tan xxx

No comments: