Background

My Handmade Cards

">

Friday 21 November 2008

Remembrance & Credit Crunch Layouts

I've just finished anothe two layouts - one is about my Grandad for the poppies kit we had at my Thursday eve Redbourn Crop and the other is part of a team challenge on UK Scrappers.


Remember ~ my Grandad


My Grandad was in the Royal Navy and I'm proud of his achievements. He received a medal from Russia in 1987 for the "50th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945" and was also awarded a 60th commemorative medal by he Russian Federation in 2005. The journalling reads: "Remember: Bill ~ William Sydney Ramsden, 1924-2007. Crew on HMS Savage ~ involved in sinking battleship Scharnhorst in Dec 1943."

Sadly, he died suddenly in January 2007, and I miss him a lot. However, I was very pleased he was able to see me marry in June 2006 and to see my sister give birth to his first Great-Granddaughter Lucia. I have many fond memories of him.

My team challenge layout is called Credit Crunch Shoes:


We had to use the words Credit, Crunch, Money or Free in the title, and use old stash and something recycled and/or painted. I went with the credit crunch theme and showcased some of my lovely shoes that cost less than £20 each. The beads hanging from suede on the left came from a beloved pair of boots that I had to throw out (recycled element) and the number 20 comes from old stash bought at my local Crop. The number and the shoe are all painted too, so I think I got the max 30 points for this one ~ my teammates will be pleased!

I had fun making both layouts, though cutting into the damask design to show the teal background on my second LO took ages ~ I was cutting away with tiny scissors well into 3am on Thursday and had a really sore neck afterwards!!

Thanks for looking!

Tan xxx

No comments: